It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:26 am Advanced search

Warehouse

Any proposal, be it from an individual or spawned through the discussion of a working group, goes here. This way we can all get a feel for the proposals before they are brought up in the General Assembly.

Warehouse

Postby anthony8547 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

To rent 2,400 sq. ft. warehouse space at 3619 walton Cleveland OH:
It is a warehouse located by W. 30th and Clark. It has a area for a office, Mens and Womens bathrooms,Shower, and hook ups for Stove, Washer, and Dryer.It is zoned partial residential so we can sleep there. There is ample room for storage, office, and sleeping. Therefore another part of this proposal is that if passed we would dis-continue the use of the storage unit on W.117th. The total cost of rent is 600.00. I will out of my own pocket pay the utilities bills without wanting re-inbursement.

It would solve the problem of showers, laundry, office, and rest for all the occupiers. The cost for the space we will get is very cheap.

RULES:
1.Dry camp
2.no more than 16 hrs at a time there.(resident occupiers will be doing 8 hr shifts at the info tent)
3:Clean up after yourself
4:Non- Violence

If anyone has suggestions for anymore rules please speak up
anthony8547

Re: Warehouse

Postby delta/t » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:36 pm

anthony8547 -

Your offer to pay the utilities is extremely generous. I salute you.
This property was considered a while back and the potential cost of utilities was a cause for concern (as was the location - but I think that ship has sailed.)

To add to your list of rules-
5) I don't know what happened to cause us to be evicted from the office, but don't do that again.
6) I have heard about some of the behavior at CGP and on Public Square, don't act like that anymore.

Concerns about the maturity of some actors was presciently voiced in the original thread:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1149

I used to be excited about this property, but until I feel confident that Occupy Cleveland has throughly addressed these issues I do not feel comfortable exposing a nice gentleman like Mr. Hildebrandt to such antics.
delta/t

Postby josephzitt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 pm

anthony8547 wrote:2.no more than 16 hrs at a time there.(resident occupiers will be doing 8 hr shifts at the info tent)

No one would ever get a day off?
josephzitt

Postby RED » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:01 pm

This lease would cost $7,200, not even to mention the utilities. It is a lot of responsibility that it doesn't seem like Occupy Cleveland can handle. We would have to just keep our fingers crossed that we get that much money in donations? I think it is just too much.
RED

Postby Martin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:22 am

Tony just posted on Facebook that the lease would be month to month so the commitment would not be as much as we thought.
Martin

Postby 88BG » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:01 am

Some issues/questions for consideration:

1. What is the purpose of the warehouse space?

2. How does renting warehouse space advance the Occupy Cleveland movement?

3. Will people residing in the warehouse space have tenant's rights (e.g., notice and Due Process rights if and when they are asked to permanently leave the warehouse space)?

4. Will people residing in the warehouse space have an expectation of privacy there, or will the Police have a right to enter and search the entire premises if one person present on the premises grants the Police access and permission to do so?

5. Is the Occupy Cleveland name going to be associated with this rental, which would risk tarnishing the name and public perception of Occupy Cleveland if something bad were to happen there?

6. If the Occupy Cleveland name is not going to be associated with this rental, can funds donated to Occupy Cleveland be used to pay for the costs of the rental?

7. Will there be any limits on what can be brought into the warehouse space (e.g., drugs, alcohol, weapons, other contraband)?

8. How will determinations be made regarding who will be permitted to reside there (e.g., what if a large number of people decide they want to reside there)?

9. Who will monitor and enforce the "no more than 16 hrs at a time there" rule and other rules?

10. Has this been done at any other Occupy locations, and if so, what positive/negative experiences have they had?
88BG

Postby 88BG » Sun May 06, 2012 11:47 am

88BG wrote:Some issues/questions for consideration:

1. What is the purpose of the warehouse space?

2. How does renting warehouse space advance the Occupy Cleveland movement?

3. Will people residing in the warehouse space have tenant's rights (e.g., notice and Due Process rights if and when they are asked to permanently leave the warehouse space)?

4. Will people residing in the warehouse space have an expectation of privacy there, or will the Police have a right to enter and search the entire premises if one person present on the premises grants the Police access and permission to do so?

5. Is the Occupy Cleveland name going to be associated with this rental, which would risk tarnishing the name and public perception of Occupy Cleveland if something bad were to happen there?

6. If the Occupy Cleveland name is not going to be associated with this rental, can funds donated to Occupy Cleveland be used to pay for the costs of the rental?

7. Will there be any limits on what can be brought into the warehouse space (e.g., drugs, alcohol, weapons, other contraband)?

8. How will determinations be made regarding who will be permitted to reside there (e.g., what if a large number of people decide they want to reside there)?

9. Who will monitor and enforce the "no more than 16 hrs at a time there" rule and other rules?

10. Has this been done at any other Occupy locations, and if so, what positive/negative experiences have they had?

This is exactly what I was concerned about back in February:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... se_on.html

I said I was done last week. And I am. But this really pisses me off. ALL of you should be banned from the Occupy Movement for the uncurable damage you have wreaked on it with your irresponsibility. Can you imagine how stupid you will look the next time you engage in a direct action engaged at corporate irresponsibility? Pot meet kettle.
88BG

Return to Proposals