It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:22 pm Advanced search
88BG wrote:Some issues/questions for consideration:
1. What is the purpose of the warehouse space?
2. How does renting warehouse space advance the Occupy Cleveland movement?
3. Will people residing in the warehouse space have tenant's rights (e.g., notice and Due Process rights if and when they are asked to permanently leave the warehouse space)?
4. Will people residing in the warehouse space have an expectation of privacy there, or will the Police have a right to enter and search the entire premises if one person present on the premises grants the Police access and permission to do so?
5. Is the Occupy Cleveland name going to be associated with this rental, which would risk tarnishing the name and public perception of Occupy Cleveland if something bad were to happen there?
6. If the Occupy Cleveland name is not going to be associated with this rental, can funds donated to Occupy Cleveland be used to pay for the costs of the rental?
7. Will there be any limits on what can be brought into the warehouse space (e.g., drugs, alcohol, weapons, other contraband)?
8. How will determinations be made regarding who will be permitted to reside there (e.g., what if a large number of people decide they want to reside there)?
9. Who will monitor and enforce the "no more than 16 hrs at a time there" rule and other rules?
10. Has this been done at any other Occupy locations, and if so, what positive/negative experiences have they had?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest